WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: depressing thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:58 am 
Veteran

I spent the last two days cleaning the shop and making new racks for my patterns. I now realize that most of the patterns I have made over the last forty five years will most likely never be used again. A lot of good memories but not a lot to look forward to as my eyes are still not to the point I can do any detailed work and it was the quality of detail that got me most of my work. Getting old is not for sissies!
And if that wasn't bad enough the estate where I have been caretaker for 28 years with hunting privileges for our family has new signs NO HUNTING leased permit only. The son of the woman who owns it leased it to a comerical hunting operation with out saying one word to me! When I called him and said we needed to meet and talk he said:" It sounds like you have a cold I can't talk to you if you have a cold!"
I always new that the job of caretaker was not going to last forever since Violeta is 95 years old but I did not think it would end over such a small thing. He was up to our house for dinner last month and did not say one thing about leasing the land. Violeta always treated us like family. After four back surgeries and having both hips replaced I need my nephew to help with the care taking and his only payment has been hunting privileges.

Post subject: Re: depressing thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:50 pm 
AdminDude

Dont most "signs" in rural :lol: areas get shot out?