WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:34 pm 
Veteran

I had an unusual day yesterday. I was changing the oil in my riding mower and went to the tool cabinet to get an oil filter wrench and noticed a plastic sandwich bag with some brown paper in it. Thinking there must be some thing oily wrapped up in the paper. (Which I often do to keep from getting oil in the tool cabinet) I decided to open it and see what was wrapped up in the paper, since I could not remember putting it there. I was surprised to find two twenty dollar bills and a thank you note for helping two strangers from Alabama. This was a complete surprise , while I often help people, I could not remember any one from Alabama ( I live in rural Ohio)! I was so intent in trying to remember who it could have been from that I forgot to replace the oil plug and preceded to pour two quarts of oil through the mower! As soon as I saw the oil on the floor I remembered who it could have been from! Over two years ago, some people came into our church before church started and asked where they could buy a saw , ax , and a shovel on a Sunday morning. They stopped to see their grandparents grave in the cemetery beside the church and put some flowers on the grave and they had found it overgrown with two large bushes. I told them not to worry, I would go home and get them what they needed and they could just leave the tools at the church door when they were finished and they were welcome to join us for the service. They did not want to come into the service since they thought they were not dressed for church. The sandwich bag must have been attached to the pruning shears and fell off into the tool cabinet.So I ended up with some extra money and a clean garage floor after all was done. It only took me about an hour to get the oil cleaned up from the floor.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:29 pm 
Veteran

That's a really cool story, there is no telling what a random act of kindness means to people. Glad you were able to remember who left it!