WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:50 am 
Veteran

I call it, 2020 the year of the great toilet paper panic.
Needed some lumber for a small project, I went to Menards last week (midwest retailer like Home Depot and Lowes). One of the men working in the lumber section said that a truckload had come in with stuff to restock. The lumber yard guy got a chance to get into the store 25 minutes later and the toilet paper was all gone. :lol:
Norm

i

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:42 am 
Veteran

Moved into our new house last Thursday, movers brought our stuff and delievered and unloaded. I had to put our stuff into storage for a few days while our home was being finished and inspected.

Went through the boxes and noticed the moving company stole our 2 huge pkgs of Costco TP ad paper towels. Prolly when they put our stuff into storage.
Yup stole 1 1/2 pkgs of TP and a half a pkg of paper towels.

So we got to where we needed some and went to costco Tuesday at 730 bc they open up early 0800-0900 for us geezers.

We found out they opened up at 0700. they werent supposed to or advertised to but they opened earlier that advertised.

By 0730 all the TP was gone.

Got a big box of wet wipes though, on the way home swung by walmart picked up some TP there. They allowed one pkg per a person so wife and i each got one pkg.
Were good for a while now.

yah times are strange

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:08 pm 
Veteran

Strange times indeed. I haven't shopped for TP yet as I had a bunch already. I must say here the shelves have been well stocked for veggies and meats and dairy products. I try to buy more than usual so that we don't need to shop as often limiting exposure.

Just a shout out to health care workers, having a nurse and PT in my immediate family, I know what you are dealing with. Godspeed!

Ron