I hear ya,,

Countin' flowers on the wall,
that don't bother me at all,
smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo,
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do.

Second recipient of the D'oh Award. 4-13-08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm 
Veteran

I have been hoping this place would come back to life for some time, even before this virus mess. There is a lot of good people here, sorry to see it so slow.

Ron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:33 pm 
Veteran

Hey Guys,

Sorry to be radio silent. I've been working on chair parts and waiting until I've got them all finished and ready to assemble before my next post.

Cheers,
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am 
Veteran

I wish I knew how long this social distancing is going to last. My Wife keeps trying to get back in the house.
Zulu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 pm 
Veteran

Zulu wrote:
I wish I knew how long this social distancing is going to last. My Wife keeps trying to get back in the house.
Zulu

Make sure to use the door lock and dead bolt! :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm 
Veteran

Zulu,
I have met your wife, I think you are making a BIG mistake.
I guess I am one of those who has been here a long time but seldom post. Usually don't have much to offer. But, have been checking here every day and trying to think of what I could do to keep the forum alive. Really happy to see new posts.
Norm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:54 pm 
Veteran

Now that the ski valley closed early, we're back at the ranch. The situation is a little surreal. We read the news every morning - the isolation, the guidelines, the panics. But here nothing seems to have changed. With the nearest neighbors eight miles away, we used to going a week or more at a time without even seeing another human, let alone interacting with them at a distance of less than 6'. It will all sink in when we go into town in another week or so to stock up on groceries, then it will return to normal.

I've started a new project in the shop and will post pics once my camera battery is charged.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:33 pm 
Veteran

I retired from the Department of Defense October, 2018 from the Columbus, Ohio area.
My wife and I moved to northeastern Wisconsin, about 100 miles north and west of Green Bay. We live in a National Forest.
We have about four year round neighbors, fairly well separated, others that show up in the summer. We don't really see these neighbors unless they they need help.
We have a little bit of land, deer and turkey in the heavily wooded front and back yard. (what did you expect, asphalt?)
We chose to be up here for the peace and quiet. We fish, 4-wheel, kayak.
My shop is in the non-heated garage, so no woodworking in the winter.
We live 18 miles from the nearest grocery store, where the shelves are full, which is in a town with a population of 952. The school is closed but the rest of the town is open. I might go into town once a week. No one wears a mask. There are no reported cases of the virus within a hundred mile radius.

Still have 2 feet of snow on the ground, and live on a dead end road, which if we are luck, might get plowed.

We are not anti-social, just like being alone.
We actually have actual conversations, isn't that novel. In person even, not on social media, heqq, I don't use any social media at all, and feel sorry for people that do, Don't feel the need to post of Facebook, don't want people to follow me or follow anyone. Always felt social media was meant for high school girls, but that's just me.
Also feel sorry for people that feel cant stay at home, that need to be out somewhere.

Sorry to ramble, but maybe people will feel better about themselves, family, friends to just stay home, pay attention to one's spouse and maybe kids, life is great, if you let it.

Countin' flowers on the wall,
that don't bother me at all,
smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo,
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do.

Second recipient of the D'oh Award. 4-13-08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:16 pm 
Veteran

You know...I've been on the forum for a good many years....met a lot of really great folks and miss the ones who have passed and/or moved on. It IS hard to see the forum slow down....very few days have passed that I didn't check in...and one of the most disheartening things I've experienced is...to check back and see that I was the last person to post in a long time....makes me wonder "Was it something I said?..or didn't say??
But, I doubt i'll lose hope that the forum will flourish again. Folks like Tom, Zulu, Doc, Ron and a multitude of others like us are dependably dedicated to keeping in contact. It's really great when some, like Larry, NormT show up after a sabbatical. It will, also, be a wonderful day when we can look back on this malady as we have many others that have befallen our country and count the stalwart souls that have been our 'active' members.
BTW....I posted yesterday....some of my humble doins...along with 2 of the critters that keep me sane!!
Good luck,
THANKS FOR READING & RESPONDING!
Don

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:47 pm 
Veteran

Went for a walk today and found these

Since we live inside the Santa Fe National Forest, we can walk the elk trails without violating the lockdown.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:50 am 
Veteran

Ive been moving put te shop in my nephews trailer back in Calif. We were waiting for us to get posession of the house.

Escrow closed a few days ago now some serious unpacking. If things are going the way they are Ill be heading back to Calif next week to pick up my tool and wine/wine fridge and haul them to our new digs.

Once my temp shop is set set up ( Im working with a contractor to have a shop built) I got a lot of stuff to build, laundry room cabinets, garage cabinets and a whole lot more to do. So until I get set up and turn and burn. I wont really have anyting to post of any interest. Once the shop gets built Ill be starting a thread on how Im setting it up. Contracts onlygoing to do enough for it to pass inspection, 60 amp panel ran out to it and one outlet and on light per code so I can get the certificate of occupancy , move in and start setting up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:03 am 
Veteran

As to my "inactivity" here, I had moved into metal working for a lot of years as a volunteer at a high school metal shop and had so much fun that the woodworking more or less stoped. Now with the schools all shut down I'm "forced" to come back to that "brown" stuff (as the dedicated metal only folks call it) . :-) Then even when I have come back I ended up on the Infeed forum . So this time,
with all the time in the world I ventured over here to see what else I can find to "kill time". :-) I still have plenty of odds and ends of material around so all I need is some projects to start making sawdust again. :-)
...lew...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:11 pm 
Veteran

We are somewhat in the country so neighbors are 1/4 mile away and no
day to day contact. Grocery stores are somewhat limited too much hoarding etc.
Otherwise we are left alone. Been spending time in the shop working on a couple of
projects that I had wood for. Like others my wife and I converse and enjoy the
quiet and solitude.
We are free of the virus except the local paper imported someone from Houston (lots of virus)
to "work with several staff" who turned out to be positive testing for virus. Typical liberal media
thinks rules they make do not apply to them and have jeopardized our town.

Just random thoughts.

Stay safe
Duan

dum vivimus, vivamus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:22 pm 
Veteran

Clipper wrote:
We are somewhat in the country so neighbors are 1/4 mile away and no
day to day contact. Grocery stores are somewhat limited too much hoarding etc.
Otherwise we are left alone. Been spending time in the shop working on a couple of
projects that I had wood for. Like others my wife and I converse and enjoy the
quiet and solitude.
We are free of the virus except the local paper imported someone from Houston (lots of virus)
to "work with several staff" who turned out to be positive testing for virus. Typical liberal media
thinks rules they make do not apply to them and have jeopardized our town.

Just random thoughts.

Stay safe
Duan

If you're going to insist on politicizing the forum with your beliefs, I hope you won't mind if I mention the evangelical preachers who are still telling their flocks to crowd the churches because Jesus will save them, or Trump who thinks his gut feel is more informative than Tony Fauci, the foremost authority on pandemics in the world. Or Faux News which told their viewers for weeks that the coronavirus was hoax aimed at Trump.
How about Liberty University, that den of evangelical conservatives, which refuses advice to close down, is letting students back from spring break, and is holding classes, endangering the entire town of Lynchburg. The "Reverend" Jerry Falwell, Jr. for weeks has been deriding COVID as a liberal conspiracy.

Meanwhile, the event you're complaining about occurred almost two weeks ago, yet as of today your (conservative) governor hasn't seen fit to order shelter in place. You expect the newspaper to have acted two weeks before your governor? Oh, and your lieutenant governor thinks you should be happy to die for your grandchildren, if that's what it takes to keep the economy healthy.
BTW, do you mind the gasoline tanker trucks coming from Houston to make sure you and your neighbors can still drive around in your F350 dually pickups and Chevy Suburbans? Food for the grocery stores? Should those be kept out of Kerrville too?

Just random thoughts.
Stay safe.

Last edited by drstrip on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:21 am 
AdminDude

I'm pretty sure I have kept my distance