WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:13 pm 
Veteran

Hey guys and gals do you remember me?
I used to be on here quite often and my brother "Amateur Bill" and I got into some "not so serious" discussions. Along with Tampa Tom, Verna and a whole host of other old farts.
To tell the truth I got lost on the internet and couldn't find my way back here until recently.
Bill more or less quit doing much wood working because of a couple of heart attacks and started fishing. He got to feeling better, bought a boat (and probably 47 fishing poles) and is now drowning worms.
As for me, I just got burned out and tired of woodworking for awhile. I have COPD and the wood dust would slow me down for a day or so and it just wore me out. And I've made so much stuff that I've ran out of room to put it and I never was all that good at wood working anyway.
I still have all of my WW equipment and spend every day in the shop (I live out here you remember). The table saw, scroll saw and bench have been collecting dust for several months now and I just cant get real enthused about starting anything new.
From time to time a neighbor comes over and asks me to cut a board or two for him and of course I still have all the answers and advice for him. I mean at the age of 72 I do have all the answers... they may not be the correct answers, but they are answers.
I try to keep up with a few wood working sites and bloggers and now and then I get a new idea of something that I would like to build but, I generally talk myself out of it before it gets too serious.
Anyway, now that I've found my way back "home", I'll hang around and watch for what is happening for awhile. And try to keep you guys on the straight and narrow and not get in the way too much.

Rog

An ounce of responsibility is worth a pound of State and Federal laws.

I spent most of my money on woodworking
tools and beer, the rest I just wasted.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:27 pm 
Veteran

RR welcome back, I've wondering where you and Bill got to. Hope you find your mojo again and continue to hang out.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:05 pm 
Veteran

Hey Rog,

Welcome back!
We've missed both you and Bill, and it's good to have you back. I retired this year myself, but now I spend more time in the shop than I did on the job.

Cheers,
Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:04 pm 
Veteran

I remember you R/R.

I found my way back here recently.

Though I haven't given up WW, I am now just making small hobby type projects. They are nothing fancy, mainly just small bits I make for friends and give them to them.

When I get back to the states next year, Ill be able to start on larger projects.

Good to see you back