WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Job
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm 
Veteran

I'm retired and am enjoying it. However, a friend who has an antique restoration business has had some health problems. She needed some help catching up now that she is back at work. She also had some large pieces that needed a little more muscle to move around and take apart. Some of them took all I had to get old large screws out. I have brought a couple of pieces home to work on. One was a piano stool with a missing spindle that holds the legs together. I was able to duplicate the missing piece on my lathe.
I'm only working a couple of mornings two days per week and I'm not making a lot of money. But, I am enjoying the work and have learned a few things.
Probably won't work much more after she gets the backlog caught up. That also will be fine with me since I don't want life to interfere with my bridge playing.

George

Post subject: Re: Job
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 pm 
Veteran

Sounds like you have a plan!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:37 pm 
Veteran

George, Hope you have the same success as I have, get out of bed every morning go to bed every night and do what ever I want in between. Been retired almost 23 years and have enjoyed almost all of it. I am lucky enough to have had very good health and can still do about the same as when I was 50.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:49 pm 
Veteran

Yes Don I can relate to the enjoyment of retirement. It has only been two years, but it has been wonderful. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it about a 12. :-D
Had my annual physical check up recently. I commented to the doctor that I thought I was in great health for my age. He agreed and said he had patients much younger than me in terrible health. He also said if I would quit smoking, get more exercise, and watch my diet I would be amazed at the change. He also said if I did the above we could probably cut way back or completely off the few daily
meds I am taking.