WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Redneck Turkey Day
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:45 pm 
Veteran

With my wife preparing for the move to Torrington, we've been logging some serious miles. Turkey Day was no exception.

Left work Wed afternoon and headed straight for Rawlins, and got there about 10pm. Turkey Day, we had the parade and dog show on while we were packing and loading up both her car and my truck. We hit the road at about 3:30 and headed for Torrington. On the way out of town, we wanted to stop for a quick lunch, but Rawlins being what it is, the sidewalks were rolled back and nothing opened but a gas station on the end of the off ramps for I-80. We dashed inside, picked up a couple of ice teas, a bag of Fritos and a Turkey & Cheeze on Wheat. Then we wolfed it down in the truck while my Shop assistant Zoe supervised and drooled. :roll:

It was after 9pm by the time we got to Torrington, and much like Rawlins, nothing was opened except a gas station. With nothing in the fridge in the new house, we were livin large on a pair of subs and a bag of chips. We spent the rest of the long weekend working on the house and un-packing.

While not the most traditional, this was about the least stressful holiday I've had since I was single. :wink:

WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm 
Veteran

Nothing like gas station meals, I've had plenty of them eat enough and they seem to start tasting good :D .