WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dylan gets profiled.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 pm 
Veteran

Apparently Bob Dylan was walking around a neighborhood and got profiled for looking "suspicious." :shock:

What makes it even more funny is neither of the cops who picked him up had ever heard of Bob Dylan. :shock:

What makes it even more funny yet is for some strange reason the police didn't bother to search Willie's bus once they found out Dylan was touring with Willie. :D:D

Come on now! If you see Willie's bus outside of Texas you are guaranteed a bust on two counts. 1.) Possession or Marijuana. 2.) Transporting marijuana across state boundries! It is like shooting fish in a barrel ;)

Dylan story:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/business/hancock/blog/2009/08/credits_in_the_karma_bank_for.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 pm 
AdminDude

Not Dylan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 pm 
Veteran

Article I saw had a lone white man wandering a "largely minority" neighborhood. Odd for starters, and apparently he was looking around rather than traveling through, which means a quick stop to see if he's lost or carrying burglars' tools would be in order. First serves, second protects.

Doubt I could recognize half the current crop of "singers" by name or face, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:55 pm 
Veteran

NB George wrote:
Article I saw had a lone white man wandering a "largely minority" neighborhood. Odd for starters, and apparently he was looking around rather than traveling through, which means a quick stop to see if he's lost or carrying burglars' tools would be in order. First serves, second protects.

Doubt I could recognize half the current crop of "singers" by name or face, either.

That sounds like the story I heard. I don't think Bob Dylan or myself were criticizing the police actions. Actually, I think a lot of crime can be prevented by such actions. I also wished more people saw it that way.

BTW, I'm losing count of the number of times I've traveled through LAX and not recognized someone famous. The last time was when I was wondering what hoodlum I was standing next to at the bar. Turns out it was Tommy Lee. Oops :oops: :oops:

I'm shocked by 2 things:
1.) The 2 cops had never even heard of Bob Dylan! :shock:
2.) They didn't bust Willie! Now there is someone to profile! :D

Willie's ranch is just down the road from me and he is certainly a local hero. However, you can be certain that when you see his biodiesel bus, that it is loaded with drugs. :) That is profiling that works. ;) I think the last time his bus got pulled over he had 1.5 lbs of marijuana and a bunch of mushrooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 am 
Veteran

NB George wrote:

Dylan is "current crop"???

George, are you dating yourself? :razz: :shock: :D :D

Jimmy

Jess, John T, Verna
Dan Lanucek, Daddy Gloves, Yank,
GG, Gene