WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Join'em
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:23 pm 
Veteran

Because they are an incredible resource when you find one. Here is an URL for a very well known and very respected woodworking guild that begs for exploration. Inspiration and craftsmanship are key at this site so PLEASE take the time with lunch or just a cuppa and examine all the click throughs this site offers. Then find an association, club, guild,community shop, whatever and join your fellow craftsmen in pursuit of a common passion. If you get a chance for a trip, SanDiego and this guilds show would be well worth the choice as the destination.

http://www.sdfwa.org/

Look through particularly the design in wood galleries. Lots of ooooh aaaaah stuff.

Post subject: Re: Join'em
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:40 am 
Veteran

You hit me in the heart,Joe!! This week-end we have Jeff Miller doing a 2 day seminar for us. Every year we have someone come and do this. Everyone from Frank Klaus, Phil Lowe to Chris Schwarz....it's always a great event. The Design in Wood is an attraction at the Fair here at Del Mar each year and our guild mans it and it usually gets a few million people in the doors during the fair. BTW our membership is initiating a MemberShop to be extravagantly equipped for use by our members. We have some world renowned craftsmen in our guild and a mentorship program (of which I am an active member) to serve our membership. It is truly worth your mentioning as a site worth perusing. I've been a member for over ten years and always welcome woodworkers visiting San Diego to give me a call....so far only 2 from WWA has taken me up on that. Lawrence & his family have visited several times. There is a LOT to see & do in SanDiego and I am happy to help/guide family and friends.

Don