WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: picture help
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:56 pm 
Veteran

I've done this before, but have hit the wall. Have pics of my workbench in my picture foler, but they are 200"KB and they will not load to gallery.?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:13 pm 
Veteran

You might need to down size them some more. Kind of why I use photobucket these days. It automatically down sizes when I up load them into the site.

WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 pm 
AdminMama

Ron:

www.photobucket.com

After you load your pictures, put your cursor over the pictures and a pop-up will appear. Copy and paste the last one into your post. Do a "preview"....and it's magic :D :D Your picture will appear!!!

It's free, and it's easy, and they didn't pay me to say these things about them :wink:

Verna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:52 am 
Veteran

The WWA gallery has a limit to picture uploading. It sounds as if you may have reached that limit. In order to put new pictures there, you would have to remove some that are existing. Photobucket is a good alternate as indicated above. Free, easy to use, and the upload limit is very large.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:58 am 
Veteran

Jess wrote:
The WWA gallery has a limit to picture uploading. It sounds as if you may have reached that limit. In order to put new pictures there, you would have to remove some that are existing. Photobucket is a good alternate as indicated above. Free, easy to use, and the upload limit is very large.

Jess,
I have 22 pics there. Is that a lot for WWA?

I thought the problem might be the size of my bench pics being over 100kb, but I can't get it down any lower. I'm gonna try to retake the pics with a lower resolution on my camera when I get a chance.

Verna,

I need to do the Photobucket thing I guess, a summer project for me. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am 
Veteran

I have 36 pictures in my gallery now. Have had as meny as 40 in the past. I also have had problems posting some of them even though they are in the gallery!?!? :confused:
Some of my pictures in the gallery have dissapeard and just have a red x but, WONT DELETE!?!? :confused: It can be fustrating. :mad:
I have a "photobucket" account too but just dont know how to move them from there to a post on a web site yet. :oops: Gues I will have to expermint a bit and see if I can figure it out. :wink:

Rog

An ounce of responsibility is worth a pound of State and Federal laws.

I spent most of my money on woodworking
tools and beer, the rest I just wasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:47 am 
AdminMama

Rapid Roger wrote:
I have 36 pictures in my gallery now. Have had as meny as 40 in the past. I also have had problems posting some of them even though they are in the gallery!?!? :confused:
Some of my pictures in the gallery have dissapeard and just have a red x but, WONT DELETE!?!? :confused: It can be fustrating. :mad:
I have a "photobucket" account too but just dont know how to move them from there to a post on a web site yet. :oops: Gues I will have to expermint a bit and see if I can figure it out. :wink:

Rog

Roger, the hardest part about Photobucket is remembering which password I used :D :D :D

Seriously, it's easy to copy and paste to a post here. Really, just put your cursor over your picture in Photobucket, the pop-up comes up with 4 links, copy the last link, go to your WWA post, and paste that link into the post (thread, whatever you want to call it).

When you get between 20 to 40 pictures, there are problems with the WWA gallery. I don't know why, I don't have that extensive of knowledge of this data base. I was unable to remove pics and put replacements in, so I just started using Photobucket--a lot fewer headaches :wink:

Ron, it's not a summer project--really it's simple. PM me and I'll help some more.

Verna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:56 pm 
Veteran

ditto photobucket for awesomeness... free, easy, and as far as I can tell no spyware/emails, etc

Lawrence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:17 pm 
Veteran

I took new pics using another setting on the cammera that takes pics using less than 100KB and they posted fine.

thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm 
Veteran

The limit of your WWA gallery is determined by the sum of all the sizes of your individual pictures. Big pictures fill it quicker than small pictures. It's like filling a water bucket with a thimble or a cup. A cup fills it faster.

You must be getting close to your limit if a large picture would not load, but a smaller one (thimble) would. Checking into PhotoBucket soon might be a good idea. Photobucket automatically down-sizes images which are too large, but does allow some size choices below that.