WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 pm 
Veteran

GG and I are closing our Flea Market. Sales have been going down since the first of the year, rental of booths has dropped off. Before we have to start digging in our pockets to pay the bills, we will close. tomorrow is the last day for sales, then we will be open in June to sell all we can in the way of shelves, cases and anything else we can get rid of.
It has been good in man y ways, met a lot of great ppl, and some not so great, but, overall, it was a great experience.

From now on we will both be fully retired, and be able to do what we want too 7 days a week.
I am looking to by a pop-up camper so we can take some trips and not have to worry about getting back at any certain time. ( There goes more of my kids inheritance, sorry about that.) lol.

I plan on getting my shop cleaned up and make some cabinets for it, and generally get it more organized.

Wayne

WW'ers I have met.
Guroo
Verna
Wooder
Paul, (brother,)
Falcon1.
Gene and his friend George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:47 pm 
Veteran

Just got back from Phoenix, good to be home this weekend with my wife.

Countin' flowers on the wall,
that don't bother me at all,
smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo,
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do.

Second recipient of the D'oh Award. 4-13-08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
Veteran

Sorry to hear about the flea market...but, as to the pop up, I am a big pop up camper and love it. I just re did my 94 Coleman after mice ate it top to bottom. I tore it all out: new floor, all new cabinets, bedding and cushions, canvas. I love that thing.

It might be a great project to find one cheap and fix it up. Save some money and do some woodworking too.

I think you will really love it! Keep us posted.

Darryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 pm 
Veteran

I'm sorry, Yank, but I have to admit that retirement certainly ain't nuthin' like I thought it would be.

"What will I do when I wake up with nothing to do, all day to do it. I'm not an avid reader and I don't, rather won't sit in front of a TV all day. "

What ever am I gonna do?!

Trust me .... these will be the most rewarding and productive years of your life. I've finally found the time when I can do whatever I want to do, only to discover that there are so many things I want to do I run out of time every day. For the past eight years I've been in a position where no one was expecting me to be anywhere at any time. There's no one expecting to see any fruit of my labor at the end of the day. (Well, I'm not counting Robbie! -grin). And yet I'm still behind in my work.

I think I'll start a thread "How many projects do you have going at any given time?" I'm sure to be at least the first runner up.

OK Topic qualifier ....

I think I'm on the brink of solving my turning tool storage problem. I realize that's nothing more than a virtual solution since you I haven't blessed the post with images. I have a shelf for one of the kitchen cabinets to finish to alleviate the domestic tension. But before any of that I have to extend the electric fence to exclude the dogs from an area of the yard.

Cheers - Dennis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm 
Veteran

So sad to hear that another small buisness is closing it's doors, even worse that it's a friend of ours here. However, the camper sounds like a whole lot more fun. Best of luck! 8)

WWACOAUX#1
"I love the smell of Sawdust in the morning, it smells like, victory." Image
WWA'ers I've met: Popeye, Ed Avery, Stephen Wolf, Rockfish, Rodedon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 pm 
Veteran

Well that's a shame I guess, but then maybe not. Retirement should mean just that.

Shun those studies in which the work that results dies with the worker.
-- Leonardo da Vinci

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 pm 
Veteran

Wayne-- good luck with this next step in your life... I'm sorry things in your last venture didn't end up swimmingly, but it sounds like you certainly have a plan for the immediate future and will be busy. I look forward to pics of your projects as well.

Lawrence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:41 pm 
Veteran

Hate to hear about your business but there is nothing wrong with retirement. I'm quite enjoying it.