WWA Info Exchange

For Woodworkers By Woodworkers
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:03 am 
Veteran

... I'm taking the day off to finally start hanging cabinets and installing appliances in our new kitchen. Two buddies I met through Habitat are coming over later in the day to help with the installation. Hopefully we will have it all hung by tomorrow and can begin to work on the trim by Sunday.

What are you doing this weekend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:45 am 
Veteran

I'm actually off until June 1st!! I'll be working on the bedroom set, plus trying to get some stuff done for the shows.

Uncle Fester WWAMDAUX#3
La Plata, Maryland
Does Anyone Have A Comb?
Home Of A Beautiful DJ 20
I Say.... BUY DELTA!!
10,000 posts--Easter Sunday, 2008--7:43pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:43 am 
Veteran

I'm off today as well. When my job takes me to points where I'm investing 3 hrs a day driving to and from the field, I get to work 4 ten hr days. Today is all booked up however. Tonight is Prom night, and my middle son and his gf are going to have me hopping from about 3pm until 6, then I have to pick up my youngest and he's got his team photos for little league this evening. Somewhere around 11:30 I get to pick up the happy couple and we're hosting the after prom cookout/bonfire for several couples.

I'm also going out in the shop and puttering, I'll glue up several more cutting board blanks so that I have something to work on once the parts come in for my planer. I'm also working on my own design for a pic-a-nic table (Hey Boo-boo!...)

Madison Woodsmith.
WWACNYAUX #1
2B1ASK1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 am 
Veteran

Ned Bulken wrote:
Somewhere around 11:30 I get to pick up the happy couple and we're hosting the after prom cookout/bonfire for several couples.

Probably won't be much of a bonfire since you're using all of your offcuts for your cutting boards :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:33 am 
Veteran

Trying to finish up an entertainment center (except drawers and doors) before Memorial Day Weekend. The center is a built in and is 178" W x 24" D x 87" T. Gonna be a long weekend.

Oh and its supposed to be 100 deg., gotta love Phoenix in the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:08 am 
Veteran

John Boy wrote:
Ned Bulken wrote:
Somewhere around 11:30 I get to pick up the happy couple and we're hosting the after prom cookout/bonfire for several couples.

Probably won't be much of a bonfire since you're using all of your offcuts for your cutting boards :D

too true... I'm thinking a trip down to truck terminal row might be in order... for some busted pallets

Madison Woodsmith.
WWACNYAUX #1
2B1ASK1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 am 
Veteran

Mostly puttering this weekend I'm afraid. Got two plant stands/patforms built for the front patio (OK, pix in the offing), got those built and a coat of Thompson's on 'em so will probably help Robbie get the pots in place and filled with planting soil for more shrubs & flowers. Also need to take a trip to a friend's lake property to help out a bit on Sunday.

Otherwise I should adress the ankle deep shavings that surround the lathe.

Maybe add some more! (grin)

Cheers - Dennis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:38 am 
Veteran

Hey Guys,

Still working on the bookcase. Perhaps I'll finish it off this weekend.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:03 pm 
Veteran

Tinkering with the rocking chair, and Sunday, going to "The Little Apple" to "see" the kids new (used) house. Next week end we go back to help them move into the new house. Taking the E150 (Ford van) and put it to good use helping with the move.

Rog

An ounce of responsibility is worth a pound of State and Federal laws.

I spent most of my money on woodworking
tools and beer, the rest I just wasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 pm 
AdminMama

Puttering around in the yard finishing up the spring trimming.

Maybe back in the garage getting ready for a new gloat......

Sunday, my younger sister's and my annual flag planting at the country cemetary where our Mother's side of the family is buried. We put flags on all of the veterans graves and stop and thank them for their service--posthumous.

Playing with Sunny Day--a never ending task. She even likes being around me when I'm using tools. I have a shop dog :D :D

Verna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:16 pm 
Veteran

Verna wrote:
I have a shop dog :D :D

Verna

That is too cool :D . Does Sunny Day get ear protection and safety glasses :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 pm 
AdminMama

PK wrote:
Verna wrote:
I have a shop dog :D :D

Verna

That is too cool :D . Does Sunny Day get ear protection and safety glasses :confused:

PK, Shih Tzu's have extraordinary good hearing. I still have trouble enjoying fireworks because my first Shih Tzu was so terrified of them. I'm trying to expose Sunny Day to louder noises so that she doesn't live in fear of them.

She rode on my riding mower for about five minutes last week and about 30 minutes this week. Hopefully I won't have to keep a radio on for two weeks each side of July 4th for her!!

Now, the eye protection......one thing at a time, PK. I need to leash train her first.....then maybe some goggles!!!

Verna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:13 pm 
Veteran

Verna wrote:
Hopefully I won't have to keep a radio on for two weeks each side of July 4th for her!!

Verna

Take Sunny Day to see the fireworks with an older dog who doesn't care about the noise and stuff. The pup will learn to disregard the noise and flash and won't ever run away or hide under the bed because of it.

I do this will ALL my dogs and have NEVER had a run-away on the 4th. Some even get where they watch for the colors in the sky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:56 pm 
AdminMama

R. Peterson wrote:
Verna wrote:
Hopefully I won't have to keep a radio on for two weeks each side of July 4th for her!!

Verna

Take Sunny Day to see the fireworks with an older dog who doesn't care about the noise and stuff. The pup will learn to disregard the noise and flash and won't ever run away or hide under the bed because of it.

I do this will ALL my dogs and have NEVER had a run-away on the 4th. Some even get where they watch for the colors in the sky.

Great idea, Rob. But, the three older dogs that are near here are also terrified of the loud noises....doggone it!!! My sister's older dog (which will mean that Sunny Day's brother will be frightened also), both of the neighbors' dogs on either side of me.....all terrified of thunderstorms and fire works.

Well, Sunny Day will be spayed July 4th week, so maybe she'll have other things to worry about rather than the noises :roll:

Thanks for the advice--I'll remember it for the future.

Verna